Truly facing complex challenges such as climate change and the shifting social contract requires more than an individual or group response – it demands collaborative action.
The Xynteo Exchange brings 500 mission-driven leaders and practitioners across business, academia, the arts, and activism to Oslo, to accelerate collaborative action to tackle systemic problems, and re-think growth models that are no longer future-fit.
Day One - 09 October
0845 - 1015
Square 1 - 'We need to grow differently'
We’ve seen a remarkable acceleration in global challenges over the past year. What’s driving these radical shifts?
- No one really knows: 3 ‘witnesses’ put us into their unique problem perspectives
Witnesses: Vania Bueno Cury, Nthabiseng Legoete, Philip Sasse
- In technology we trust: Can we really trust technology, and its gate-keepers to keep us safe?
Speakers: Hans Vestberg, Jimmy Wales
- Slogans to hashtags: What’s keeping us stuck in this vicious young vs old blame game?
Speakers: Ella Marie Hætta Isaksen, Ridhima Pandey, Thorhild Widvey
- Cultural interlude with Ella Marie Hætta Isaksen
- Proof points with Svein Tore Holsether
1015 - 1200
Impact entrepreneurs showcase and compete for the Impact Maker Award, plus a mix of Master Classes and a centre stage for new voices to show how they’re solving ‘X’ - like the waste epidemic in India or of fruit in Botswana!
- 1030 - 1050 Master Class: Three ways that communication can unlock creativity with Vânia Bueno Cury
- 1100 - 1140 Talks on 'how I'm solving for X', from some of our Impact Maker finalists, get to know them here!
1200 - 1230
Transfer to Studios
1230 - 1730
Studios Round 1
6 simultaneous open innovation workshops kick-off across the city of Oslo:
- Sustainable Food Systems Studio
- Sustainable Finance Studio
- Bioeconomy Studio
- Future of Work Studio
- Ocean Studio
- Future Consumers Studio
Find out more about the 2019 Studios here.
1730 - 1800
Transfer to Skur13
1800 - 1915
Square 2 – ‘We need to lead differently’
We’ll examine unlikely heroes who have taken a stand for what they believe in, and have done something about it.
- A protopian future: Creating a tomorrow that’s better than today, better than yesterday.
Speakers: Monika Bielskyte
- Navigating what ifs: How can we convert hopeful realism into practical leadership decisions?
Speakers: Harry Brekelmans, Prime Minister Erna Solberg
- Unlikely heroes: A panel of unlikely heroes help clarify the convictions, sacrifices and impact we need to lead differently.
Speakers: Johann Olav Koss, Strive Masiyiwa, Tenzin Seldon
- Cultural slam: A poetic remix to heighten our visual and audio senses
Performers: Fredrik Høyer + Bendik Baksaas.
1915 - 2100
A lively social to kick back and relax after a long day!
Day Two - 10 October
0800 - 0830
(Note: we begin day 2 at the six Studios)
0830 - 1300
Studios Round 2
6 simultaneous open innovation workshops work on solutions across the city of Oslo. Find out more about the 2019 Studios here.
1300 - 1330
Transfer to Skur13
1330 - 1500
Impact entrepreneurs showcase and compete for the Impact Maker Award, plus a mix of Master Classes and a centre stage for new voices to show how they’re solving ‘X’. Find out more about the 2019 Marketplace here.
- 1400 - 20 Master Class: Turning complex ideas into beautiful and simple structures with Kjetiil Thorsen
- 1430 - 50 Master Class: Becoming a more mindful leader with Bob Thurman
1500 - 1600
Square 3 - 'We must combine forces'
We are at our most powerful when we work together across industries, sectors and borders.
- Performance by Fredrik Høyer + Bendik Baksaas
- A world of heroes: It takes one to inspire hundreds who influence thousands.
Speakers: Gry Molvær Hivju and Kristofer Hivju
- Studios report back: a live report back from our 6 Studios.
- Collaboration hacks: We learn from unique leaders who have truly led change across systems.
Speakers: Ingrid Røynesdal, Jesper Brodin
- Impact Maker 2019 Award: And the winner is…!
Presenter: Minister Torbjørn Røe Isaksen
- Exchange close!